How do you plan to make 2017 the best year yet? I have shared a few tips that I have learned to utilize to make my life the best it can be. And although I’m not yet done growing, I am certainly on my way to living the most authentic life that I can. I hope they help you as well!
- Be true to who you are – Don’t worry about what other people think. Be your weird, beautiful, awesome self and you will be much happier. And anyone who would judge you is just a jealous miserable person who can’t find the courage to be their true self (I am finally able to do this – it’s not easy but wow, it’s an amazing feeling).
- Quit Complaining – Just stop it! You are what you put out. And if you are one of those people who are constantly complaining about what’s wrong in their life instead of focusing on what’s good – you will always be unhappy and off putting. ( This one is so important – I can’t stand the negative – it sucks the life out of me)
- Create your own opportunities- Stop waiting around for someone to give you your big break. Because guess what? It’s not going to happen. If you wan to be a writer, start a blog. If you want to be a photographer, start taking pictures. If you want to be a singer, start a band. Your life is yours. Make the most the most of it. ( Did Steve Jobs sit around and wait for someone to give him the opportunity to make Apple? No, he took the bulls by the reins and changed our society).
- Surround yourself with positive people – I know it’s hard, but sometimes you have to kick the negative, unsupportive and mean people out of your life. If someone doesn’t have your best interest at heart – they need to go. If they put their own agenda above yours – they need to go. (I did this in 2016 – it wasn’t easy, but I have learned that surrounding myself with positive and supportive people is vital for not only my professional life but my mental health and it made the biggest difference in the world.)
- Stop putting your life on hold – We all know that tomorrow is not guaranteed. So stop saying, I will do it tomorrow or next week or next year. Do it today – even if you just begin the steps to transform your life.
- Be the person that you want to be around – This is a no brainer. Like attracts like. If you want to be around positive and healthy people then be positive and healthy. If you want to be around creative and innovative people, be creative and innovative. And before you know it, you will attract those people. ( I believe this 100% – I try to always be positive and it has brought numerous amazing people into my life)
- Make yourself a priority – As parents, we tend to put the needs and wants of our children ahead of our own. And this is not healthy for anyone. Not only are you teaching your children that they should never put themselves first but that it’s okay to put yourself last. I always hear, I want better for my children. Show your children better – be that person who is an inspiration instead of the person who becomes a martyr for the sake of your children. ( This is so important – we give our whole self to our children, then they leave (which they should) and then we hit our 40’s and 50’s and have no idea who we are, and become bitter old women and men, who our children don’t want to be around)
- Think Globally – The world is a huge place. There are so many opportunities and places to see in this world. The world does not revolve your little town. I see women “settle” for people and situations that are less then what they deserve because that is all they can find. This drives me crazy. Your next great love or life is out there – Don’t limit yourself to your immediate surroundings.
- Live in the moment – Stop wanting what others have. Stop waiting for tomorrow. Enjoy your life today. Enjoy sitting in the recliner and watching reruns. Enjoy shopping for groceries. Enjoy the little things. Because remember life is a gift that many don’t get to enjoy.
- Love yourself – This might be the most important one of all. Learn to love your imperfections. They make you who you are. And honestly, your children will take a cue from you. When they hear you say, I’m fat or I’m ugly or I’m a loser. Your children will think that of themselves no matter what you tell them. And besides, who wants to be around someone who is so self deprecating – uughh… not me!
Of course, there are many other tips and pieces of advice that you can follow to make the most of your life. But these are just the ones that I find have worked for me.
I wish you peace, love and harmony in the New Year and may 2017 be the first year of your new life!