We see people living extraordinary lives everyday. On TV, in magazines, on the internet. What makes them so different from us regular folk?
Why 0ut of the billions of people on this planet, why are they the special ones?
Do they know the secret to success? Were they born with a quality that the rest of us don’t have? Or is it just luck?
Undeniably, one of the most successful business people in history is Warren Buffett. What makes him so special? Why him and not me? Obviously, he has a lot more knowledge than you and I or else I would be giving your or my tips for success instead of his. His are a few of his bits of wisdom
1. Invest in yourself before anything else.
2. Change bad habits as soon as you can.
3. Know your own strengths and weaknesses.
4. Never risk something you need to get something you don’t need.
5. Find work you love.
6. Surround yourself with people you admire.
7. Face down your fears.
8. Your time is a precious resource. Use it accordingly.
9. Never ignore a great opportunity.
These are all amazing pieces of advice! But I wanted to go further and find some tips about self and this is what I found.
1. Stop blaming everyone else for your failures
2. Take ownership for not only your successes but of your failures, as well.
3. Stop whining (this is one of my favorites)
4. Don’t be a perpetual Victim
5.Be honest at all times.
6. Get Fit (the body – mind connection is real)
7.Think positive thoughts
9.Learn to be unaffected by the words of others
and last but not least…
10.Be the person that makes others feel special.
So… I love this list. It’s full of practical advice that we can all start utilizing today!
I hope it’s as helpful for you as it has been for me.